Natural Mineral Waters Europe (NMWE) is currently looking for an enthusiastic EU Policy and Advocacy Trainee to support our small and dynamic team in Brussels (currently working remotely). This is a one-year entry level contract with the possibility to extend to a fixed contract.
Natural Mineral Waters Europe is a not-for-profit trade association. It represents almost 550 natural mineral and spring water producers in Europe, most of them small- and medium sized companies. NMWE is dedicated to promoting the unique qualities of natural mineral and spring waters and fostering the sector’s best practices in environment protection and sustainable resource management. For more information visit: www.naturalmineralwaterseurope.org
You will work within the NMWE team to contribute to policy and advocacy work. You will mainly carry out the following tasks:
- Monitor and report on the development of EU policies relevant to the sector, including water, sustainability, circular economy and health.
- Support in framing NMWE positions on relevant policies and engaging with EU institutions and other relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain a close relationship with NMWE’s national associations, and bridge local developments to European context.
- Coordinate the NMWE Committee on Public Affairs (incl. agenda, presentation and follow up)
- Help to implement NMWE strategies on partnerships, stakeholder outreach, advocacy, etc.
- Provide support in organising NMWE meetings and public events
- Full professional proficiency in English. Knowledge of other EU languages preferred
- Good writing/editing skills in English and confidence in verbal expression
- Team player, with a positive attitude, sociable and reliable
- Ability to be self-driven and work independently and remotely
- Ability to prioritize and to meet tight deadlines
Competencies and skills
- General understanding of functioning of EU institutions and EU policy-making
- Knowledge of EU Sustainability legal framework and Circular Economy issues is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office: Word, Power Point and Excel
- Proficiency in Social Media tools and Content Management tools is an asset
Education and Training
- Master’s degree in European Studies, Public Affairs or similar
- Minimum 6 months experience relevant to the position or from EU institutions or in EU advocacy.
What we offer
- Full-time equivalent one-year traineeship with possibility to extend to a fixed contract
- A friendly, dynamic, and international working environment
- An educating experience in policy and advocacy at EU level
- Flexible starting date, preferably as soon as possible
- Flexible workplace: A mix of NMWE Brussels office and home working
- Salary: entry level
If you are interested, please send your CV (maximum 2 pages) and motivation letter (maximum 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16. May 2021, COB.
Interviews will be held online end of May / early June 2021. Due to the high volume of applications, we apologize that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.